From Bartender, to Blogger
For those of you that are working in the hospitality/service industry, I have an absolute, mad respect for you. If you are similar to me, I picked up bartending while I was in college and haven’t looked back since.
Bartending introduced a tremendous amount of skills that I wouldn’t have learned anywhere else. In this post I’m going to share with you the skills that you learn, and the shit you have to put up with (Don’t worry I’m not going to rant). With that being said, I’m also going to show you how to create your blog/vlog on the side, so you can work part-time while pursing your passions.
Check out my “Create a blog in 1 night” for more information.
First things first, what did we learn when we worked in the hospitality industry that will be able to directly correlate to blogging/vlogging? Here are just a few time get us started:
- Leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Social media skills
- Cognitive skills / Memorization skills
- Communication skills
- Cashout skills (Financial skills is a little over exaggerated).
Blogging/vlogging is unlimited in which passion you'd like to pursue. If you like surfing, you can make a blog/vlog. If you enjoy sewing or knitting, you can create a blog/vlog. No matter what you enjoy doing, I highly recommend you create your own personal blog for these 3 critical reasons.
- Recording and documenting your progress: The bullet says it all. Creating your own personal blog/vlog and expressing your passions through the online world opens up a tremendous amount of doors that wouldn’t be available otherwise.
- Learning New Skills: Creating your own blog/vlog gives you the opportunity to sharpen a large array of skills that you would otherwise never learn/ For example, creating a blog increase your knowledge in technical skills, marketing, social media marketing, typing and editing, photography, videography, graphic design and much more!
- Personal Development: Once you start your own project you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about. Shortly after creating my first blog, I learned how to express my message, which allowed me to become more confident and comfortable with myself. Moreover, it allowed me to translate these skills into my daily life.
Before you take off and “Create a blog in 1 night,” think long and hard on what you enjoy doing with your time. We all have something we spend our time thinking about. I challenge you to follow your passion and turn it into reality.
Please comment below and tell me your passion!